Who We Are
The professionals at Gilmartin Group have earned reputations as leaders in strategic advisory roles. Whether you are an early-stage private company or a publicly traded entity with a multi-billion dollar market cap – or something in between – we will partner with you to drive success.
Our team is composed of Wall Street and IR veterans who have extensive relationships with analysts, investment bankers, institutional investors, and the venture community. With a deep knowledge of the healthcare industry and capital markets, our tight-knit team focuses on a select group of clients to ensure senior-level attention and deliver strategic value.
Lynn founded Gilmartin Group with the belief that companies deserve better advice. She has spent the bulk of her career on Wall Street, accumulating 20 years of experience writing research, analyzing and advising entities in the healthcare industry. Having created and executed investor relations programs and strategies for over 50 companies at various stages of development, Lynn has a proven track record of success. She is actively involved with her clients, enabling companies to effectively communicate their business strategy, operational goals, and financial profile to Wall Street constituents.
Prior to founding Gilmartin Group, Lynn spent much of the last decade as a Managing Director at Westwicke Partners offering strategic counsel to public and private entities, with specific emphasis on medical technology, diagnostics and life sciences. She has advised on capital markets and IPO readiness, working with some of the most successful IPOs in the medical technology sector. Lynn was previously a Founder and Portfolio Manager at Aphelion Capital, a healthcare fund focused on public and private investments and prior to that, she spent many years as an Equity Research Analyst covering the medical technology sector at two emerging growth banks – she was a Partner at Thomas Weisel Partners (now Stifel Nicholas) and a Sr. Vice President at Adams & Harkness & Hill (now Canaccord Genuity).
Lynn holds the CFA designation, has a MS in Finance from Boston College Carroll School of Management and a BA in Environmental Science and Mathematics from University of Vermont.
Interesting Facts About Lynn
- Loves the spoiler alert – usually reads the last chapter first
- Proud but sheepish member of the math team in high school
- Secretly laughs when her toddler calls her husband by his first name
- Enjoys back-country camping, hiking, and skiing
Matt Berner brings over 15 years of ESG (environmental, social, and governance) experience to Gilmartin Group, having spent his career developing expertise across a broad spectrum of ESG issues. At Gilmartin Group, Matt works with clients to develop and maintain effective ESG strategies, reporting, and investor relations.
Prior to joining Gilmartin Group, Matt was most recently Director of Corporate Responsibility for CooperCompanies (NYSE: COO), a global medical device company. At Cooper, Matt managed all aspects of the company’s ESG program, from initial strategic focus and program establishment, to design and execution of action plans to improve ESG performance, to investor and rating agency engagement to strengthen perception and company reputation. Previously, Matt spent over 11 years at Chevron Corporation (NYSE: CVX) in a variety of ESG-focused roles. Early in his career, Matt held corporate governance and proxy voting positions at Glass Lewis & Co. and Barclays Global Investors.
Matt received his BA in History and Political Science from UCLA.
Interesting Facts About Matt
- A father of three, Matt and his wife have a daughter and recently welcomed twin boys
- Prior to becoming a father, Matt was an avid motorcyclist and spent most of his free time on the racetrack
- Matt and his wife love travelling the world and plan to continue doing so despite now having three kids in tow
- Matt serves on the Board of Directors for the Lindsay Wildlife Experience, the country’s first wildlife hospital, a zoological organization, and an educational museum specializing in native California wildlife
Vivian Cervantes has over 20 years of experience, most recently as an investor relations client advocate providing strategic and tactical communications counsel, leveraging capabilities gained as a Wall Street equity research analyst in medical technology and related sectors, strategy consulting, and public accounting.
Prior to joining the Gilmartin Group, Vivian was a managing director at Stern Investor Relations and PCG Advisory Group focused on the healthcare industry. Before that, Vivian was a sell side equity research analyst, actively engaged in all aspects of company coverage as well as IPO due diligence and readiness, including at Kaufman Bros., Maxim Group, Rodman & Renshaw, BMO Capital Markets, and Morgan Stanley. Prior to her career in Wall Street, Vivian was a strategy consultant at Accenture and a public accountant at Arthur Andersen.
Vivian received her MBA in Finance from Columbia Business School and is a Certified Public Accountant (inactive) with a BS degree in Accounting from Seton Hall University.
Interesting Facts About Vivian
- Likes to travel off the beaten path, including swimming Pacific waters known as active feeding ground of whale sharks
- Learned to play the piano by ear
- Spent time under a ballroom dancing spell
- Enjoys long walks, bike riding, swimming, yoga
Greg Chodaczek has over 25 years of experience in corporate finance, communications, corporate strategy and equity research. Greg has been instrumental in driving investment decisions across all sectors of healthcare and his Wall Street background spans two decades with both buyside and sell-side leadership roles.
Prior to joining Gilmartin, Greg spent many years as an Equity Research analyst covering the medical technology sector at several emerging growth banks including First Analysis, Sterne Agee CRT and B. Riley & Co where he primarily focused on small and mid-capitalization companies. He began his Wall Street career at Pilgrim Baxter where he eventually led healthcare equity research and managed over $2B in equity assets. Previously, he held several corporate finance positions at UPS and Scientific Atlanta.
Greg received a BS in Finance from Villanova University and an MS in Finance from the Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University.
Interesting Facts About Greg
- Recently adopted a six-year old English Springer Spaniel named Chloe
- Built a 3D printer from scratch
- Plays in a weekly ice hockey league
- Would rather be on the Chesapeake Bay sailing
David Deuchler, CFA has over twenty years of capital markets experience as a public equity investor and corporate advisor focused in the Healthcare sector.
Prior to joining the Gilmartin Group, David was the Managing Partner of JAD Advisors, a corporate advisory firm focused on Investor Relations, Capital Markets and Business Strategy Advisory. Before starting JAD Advisors, David spent seventeen years on the buyside as portfolio manager and research analyst at Goldman Sachs Asset Management, Moore Capital, Citadel Investment Group and Suvretta Capital.
David has extensive experience advising senior executives on investor relations strategy, capital markets, business strategy and capital allocation. During his time as an investor, David invested in companies across all sub sectors of the Healthcare universe and participated in more than 150 IPO and follow-on offerings.
David received his BSBA with a concentration in Finance from the University of Richmond. David is a CFA Charterholder.
David lives with his two daughters in Chatham, New Jersey.
Interesting Facts About David
- Studied abroad in Florence, Italy and has been back to visit Italy eight times…but knows little more than a few basic Italian phrases
- An enthusiastic fan of the Dave Matthews Band since first seeing them perform while attending the University of Richmond in the mid 1990’s
- An active contributor on TripAdvisor with over 230 reviews and 150,000+ readers
- Aspires to one day experience a calm walk with his two energetic black lab rescue dogs
Ryan Halsted has over fifteen years of experience in the capital markets providing advisory services to private and public equity investors, lenders and corporations in the healthcare services space.
Prior to joining Gilmartin, Ryan spent five years at the Marwood Group, offering private equity and corporate advisory services across a broad spectrum of healthcare sectors. He led hundreds of private equity take-out due diligence engagements. Previously, Ryan was an equity research analyst at Wells Fargo with a coverage universe across the healthcare services/providers sector.
Ryan received his BS with a concentration in Finance from Boston College. Ryan lives with his wife and two sons in Garden City, NY.
Interesting Facts About Ryan
- Played division-I water polo in college
- Avid weekend warrior with passion for swimming, road-biking, and running and aspires to complete an Ironman in Kona
- Enjoys spending free time on the beach, backyard grilling, and listening to live music
David Holmes has over fifteen years of corporate finance and investor communications experience across multiple healthcare sectors including life science tools, diagnostics and biotechnology companies. David’s in-depth knowledge of investors relations and capital markets has allowed him to successfully structure, build and implement strategic IR and capital advisory programs for oncology, molecular diagnostics and liquid biopsy companies for the last decade.
Prior to joining Gilmartin, David worked at LifeSci Advisors, where he provided both private and public companies strategic IR advice across the medtech, tools and diagnostics industries. Previously, David led investors relations for Rover Diagnostics Inc. and Ascenda BioSciences (formerly Provista Diagnostics, Inc.) running internal IR, corporate messaging and capital markets initiatives.
David began his career at BNP Paribas’ Corporate & Investment Bank where he worked in Structured Credit and Capital Markets originating transactions ranging $100m – $2Bn across multiple industries.
David earned his BA in Economics from St. Lawrence University with a concentration in Econometrics and Modern Game Theory.
Interesting Facts About David
- Learned to fly gliders from Spain’s National Aerobatic Team Champion
- Passionate about supporting State Parks & Land Trusts to preserve open space, wetlands and groundwater for future generations
- Has never had a headache
Stephen has nearly a decade of healthcare agency experience, specializing in the strategic and tactical implementation of investor relations programs in the biotechnology and specialty pharma sectors.
Prior to joining Gilmartin, Stephen spent seven years at Westwicke ICR, a strategic investor relations firm, advising both private and small/mid cap biotech companies on corporate messaging and capital markets strategy. He has extensive experience in both the pre-IPO advisory process, as well as the development and management of public company IR programs. Prior to that, Stephen worked for Legacy Health Strategies, where he worked alongside leading pharmaceutical and medical device companies to grow their patient engagement platforms.
Stephen received a BA in Economics from the University of California, Santa Barbara.
Interesting Facts About Stephen
- In his free time, he coaches boys high school volleyball
- An avid golfer, and has played (and ranked) every course in San Diego County
- Favorite app on his iPhone: New York Times Crossword
Elizabeth brings 20 years of Corporate Access experience to Gilmartin. Prior to joining, she ran the healthcare origination effort at Raymond James, building a comprehensive and differentiated Corporate Access offering. Elizabeth worked alongside management, research, banking and institutional clients to understand the unique needs of each and created a program to benefit all parties. In addition, she spent 15 years developing the framework for the Corporate Access effort at Credit Suisse. She began her career as a member of the client service team at Jennison Associates.
Elizabeth holds a BA in Business & Economics from Lafayette College. She lives in New York City with her husband, son and dog.
Interesting Facts About Elizabeth
- Has never met a home renovation project that she didn’t want to tackle – in her next life she may come back as a general contractor just so she can flip houses
- Has a bernadoodle named Slash due to her husband’s love of guitar. While she loves the dog…she doesn’t harbor the same feelings for the name
- Her happy place is being on the lake with friends and family
Carrie Mendivil has spent several years developing and executing broad investor relations and communications programs in healthcare – both on the agency side and internally. At Gilmartin Group, she is actively involved with several clients offering strategic counsel and tactical support as an extension of their internal team. Carrie brings her in-house expertise to the forefront, enabling her clients to effectively communicate their corporate objectives and strategy while leveraging internal resources to create a cohesive message.
Prior to joining Gilmartin Group, Carrie was most recently at Westwicke Partners, a strategic investor relations firm, working with a number of clients in the medical technology and specialty pharmaceutical sectors. Previously, Carrie was at Hansen Medical (NASADQ; HNSN) in Marketing and Investor Relations. In addition to developing Hansen’s corporate communications strategy and messaging, Carrie developed and managed the social media strategy as well created product marketing materials. She has extensive experience developing messaging strategies and coordinating marketing and event logistics for several other entities.
Carrie received a BA in Economics and French from UCLA and has a Master of Public Affairs from Indiana University.
Interesting Facts About Carrie
- Had a scary run-in with a sloth of bears when her sister left trail mix outside of their tent while backpacking in Yosemite
- Lived in the Amazon for a brief stint after college
- Has seen every episode of Forensic Files
Matt leads the business development and marketing efforts for Gilmartin Group. He brings over ten years of Wall Street experience with specific expertise in the healthcare sector. Prior to joining Gilmartin, Matt was a Managing Director at LifeSci Advisors focusing on business development as well as building and executing investor relations programs and financing strategies for client companies in healthcare. Previously, Matt spent several years at The Ruth Group. In addition to building and managing investor relations programs broadly there, he specialized in connecting emerging healthcare companies with institutional investors, venture capitalists, sell-side analysts, and the investment banking communities. Prior to The Ruth Group, Matt worked at Brean Capital in various roles including institutional sales, syndicate and corporate access, where he was Head of the corporate access desk and participated in several successful healthcare company financings over the course of his tenure.
Matt received his BA in Finance from the City University of New York, College of Staten Island.
Interesting Facts About Matt
- Avid home chef, always looking for new cuisines to master
- Can be spotted often with his wife and new dog Otto walking around the streets of NYC
- As the youngest of six children, has conquered sarcasm
- Overcame encephalitis at age of 18, however never found the mosquito who bit him
Laurence Watts has over 15 years of experience in investor relations, corporate finance, communications, and on Wall Street – including positions in the U.S., London and Singapore. Laurence is focused on the life sciences sector and has been instrumental in building and executing investor relations programs for many biotech companies of various stages.
Prior to joining Gilmartin, Laurence spent four years at Westwicke Partners, advising public and private biotechs on all aspects of their financing strategy and investor relations activities. He has counseled clients on their IPOs, private financings, investor days, clinical trial results, FDA drug approvals, and product launches. Previously he was an equity and debt analyst for a variety of buy side and sell side institutions including JP Morgan, Barclays Capital and members of the ING Group.
Laurence received a BA and MA in economics from Queens’ College, Cambridge University, England.
Interesting Facts About Laurence
- Has traveled to every country in the world and all fifty U.S. states
- Was once run over by Stephen Hawking in his wheelchair
- Wrote a song for the Eurovision Song Contest
- Has edited three published books
Marissa has a decade of experience across strategic investor relations and capital markets roles with a focus on medical technology and diagnostics industries. Prior to joining Gilmartin Group, she worked in Medical Device Equity Research at Morgan Stanley, advising institutional investors on public market investment opportunities, building financial projections for public and private medical technology companies, and assessing multiple-based and DCF-based corporate valuations. Previously, she worked in Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Equity Capital Markets.
Marissa holds a BA in Economics from Brown University and continues as the Treasurer of her Alumni Class.
Interesting Facts About Marissa
- Previously certified high ropes course instructor
- Loves working with kids & teens- Has been a Big Brothers Big Sisters mentor since 2015
Brian has specialized experience in developing and executing corporate communications and strategic investor relations programs for both private and public companies in the medical device, medical aesthetics, and life sciences sectors. He works directly with clients to provide analytics driven counsel, end-to-end IR solutions and collateral, and capital markets advisory services.
Prior to joining Gilmartin, Brian spent several years at The Ruth Group where he counseled healthcare company clients through critical corporate milestones and worked to effectively communicate business and financial strategies to key stakeholders. Previously, he worked as a financial analyst at a New York based family office and served as a communications and strategy consultant for the New Orleans City Council.
Brian earned his BA in Economics and International Relations from Tulane University, where he graduated with honors.
Interesting Facts About Brian
- Is frequently referred to as a news junkie
- As an avid foodie, has eaten at more restaurants in downtown Manhattan than he’d like to admit
- Would rather be on a hike or exploring a new city
- Grew up on Long Island and will accept any excuse to get to the beach
Kiki Patel, PharmD brings over 10 years of biopharmaceutical experience to Gilmartin Group, focused in scientific communications, medical messaging and corporate strategy. At the Gilmartin Group, Kiki advises public and private biotech clients on all aspects of investor relations and financing strategy. Her in-house biopharma experience enables her to get actively involved with her clients, offering strategic counsel and tactical support.
Prior to joining Gilmartin Group, Kiki was a Medical Science Liaison at various biopharma companies, where she was responsible for cultivating relationships with key external stakeholders, serving as a trusted medical resource for her customers. Kiki started her career in big pharma at Genentech/Roche, AstraZeneca, and Sanofi/Genzyme and later transitioned to a biotech start up [NASDAQ: KPTI]. At Karyopharm, she operated in a leadership role, partnering with the C-suite executives on investor communications, corporate strategy, and operating efficiencies through the company’s evolution from clinical to commercial stage. Kiki has served as a bridge between the research & development and commercial business units on the strategy and operations for >50 clinical trials and >20 product launches throughout her career.
Kiki received her Doctor of Pharmacy and Bachelors of Science degrees from Northeastern University in Boston. She is a licensed clinical pharmacist in the state of Texas where she completed her residency training. Kiki has held an academic appointment as a professor at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences University, where she taught a “Biopharmaceutical Industry” course to aspiring pharmacists.
Interesting Facts About Kiki
- Moved cross-country from Boston to Southern California to pursue a lifelong dream. While she remains a die-hard New England Patriots (and TB12) fan, she has quickly assimilated to dancing with the palm trees and chasing sunsets
- Lives to eat her way through the world, one bite at a time. She rates everywhere she has wined and dined through her restaurant blog
- Completed her 200-hour yoga teacher training with her mum, who is also her personal trainer.
Since joining Gilmartin Group in 2016, Trip has been deeply engaged creating customized investor relations programs backed by data-driven, best practices for MedTech and Diagnostic companies. Through proactive collaboration he assists management teams with the crafting of strategic messaging and its tactical delivery throughout the investment community and corporate stakeholders.
Prior to joining the Gilmartin Group, Trip held various analytical and finance roles. Previously, Trip was at IPS Strategic Capital providing quantitative analytics, and account management services. Prior to IPS, Trip was a supply chain analyst at Centura Health where he provided capital equipment and supplies planning and sourcing services to newly constructed ambulatory health clinics and hospitals.
Trip holds a BS in Finance, with a minor in Marketing from the University of Denver.
Interesting Facts About Philip
- Plays tug-o-war with Zeus, a petite golden doodle, daily
- Is called Trip (short for Triple) because his full name is Philip Hayward Taylor III
- Enjoys spending time in the mountains fly fishing, snowboarding, hiking and biking
Ian Carlson brought more than a dozen years of corporate finance experience to the Gilmartin Group. Prior to joining Gilmartin, Ian was VP of Finance at nugs.net, the leading live music platform for PPVs and subscription audio concert, where he led forecasting, financial modeling and capital raising efforts. Previously, Ian spent six years as Director of FP&A in the renewable energy industry at Sungevity where he helped raise over $350M in equity and debt, ran annual and quarterly budgeting and forecasting, and led financial diligence for multiple international acquisitions. Prior to his time at Sungevity, Ian spent two years as a Senior Financial Analyst at Allstate Insurance where he oversaw forecasting for the company’s auto and property claims units.
Ian received his BBA in Finance from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and his MBA from the Haas School of Business at Cal-Berkeley. Ian lives with his wife and two boys in the Inner Sunset district of San Francisco.
Interesting Facts About Ian
- A self-proclaimed connoisseur of chocolate croissants
- Sports statistics and metrics nerd
- Avid Grateful Dead fan & collector of live music
Prior to joining Gilmartin, Nick began his career at Solebury Trout where he assisted in the planning and execution of comprehensive investor relations programs for both public and private biopharma companies. In addition to providing clients investor relations programs, Nick played an important role in the private placement practice, assisting clients in bringing in institutional investors in private market offerings, as well as managing the processes for the financings.
Nick received a B.A. in Economics from the College of the Holy Cross.
Interesting Facts About Nick
- Enjoys spending time exploring New York City and all it has to offer.
- Despite not taking Latin in years, still gets excited when he sees a phrase and can try to translate it.
- A lover of any and all spicy food.
- An avid New England Patriots and Boston Celtics fan.
Nina Deka has over twenty years of healthcare experience, spanning operating within the healthcare industry to financial services sell side and buy side roles. Prior to joining Gilmartin Group, she managed a healthcare technology index at ROBO Global that included over $200 million in AUM of best in class equities across med tech, diagnostics, digital health, and biotech. Nina also spent six years on the sell side at Piper Sandler covering Healthcare IT and services companies.
Nina holds an MBA from Cornell University, and a Bachelor of Business Administration with a Finance focus from The University of Iowa.
Interesting Facts About Nina
- Avid Scrabble player
- Has snowboarded on five continents
- Loves art
Greg joins Gilmartin with over nine years of experience working on the buy side. Prior to joining the Gilmartin Group, he worked in Corporate Access at Point72, helping manage the relationships between the investment teams and the public companies that they cover. Previously, he worked as a Compliance Officer at Point72.
Greg received a B.A. in Political Science from Villanova University.
Interesting Facts About Greg
- Likes to cook, hates to bake
- Has a mini bernedoodle named Arthur
- Avid Villanova basketball fan and saw the 2016 buzzer-beater championship game in person
- Lived above a live-music bar for two years and watched from his fire escape as Lady Gaga performed atop the bar’s balcony two flights below (you can kind of see him in her documentary)
Chrissy Godfrey has spent over 30 years in Human Resources, building, developing and elevating HR functions in both the nonprofit and for-profit sectors. With an emphasis on the employee experience throughout the employment lifecycle, she is a true HR Generalist with expertise in all areas of HR including Recruitment, Onboarding, Performance Management, Training & Development, Benefits and Compensation. In her spare time Chrissy volunteers with organizations serving youth and families and travels the world on National Geographic Photography Expeditions.
She received her BA degree in Psychology and East Asian Studies from Dickinson College and her MBA from the University of San Francisco.
Interesting Facts About Chrissy
- Speaks conversational Japanese
- Has six rescue animals at home
- Her last National Geographic trip was to the Amazon Rain Forest
Emma has spent several years building and executing investor relations and corporate communications programs for private and public healthcare companies in an agency setting. Prior to joining Gilmartin, Emma was at Lazar, Finn Partners working on tailored investor relations programs and strategies to connect biotech and medical device clients with institutional investors and sell-side analysts. Previously, she worked at The Ruth Group advising private and small-cap public healthcare companies in medical technology on IR, capital markets, and corporate communication matters. Before specializing in IR, Emma worked as a financial analyst at Duff & Phelps where she focused on the valuation of illiquid securities held by business development companies, hedge funds, and private equity funds.
Emma received a B.S. in Business Management from Babson College with concentrations in Finance and Economics, graduating with honors, and a Certificate in Engineering Design from Olin College of Engineering.
Interesting Facts About Emma
- Avid lover of puzzles and aspires to solve a Rubik’s cube in under a minute
- Designs and builds cardboard mansions for her cat, Albus
- Participated in an ice hockey tournament for MTV Made
Prior to joining Gilmartin Group, Louisa worked as the Managing Director of the NO/LA Angel Network (NO/LAAN), a New Orleans based group of 135+ accredited Angel Investors. Louisa helped entrepreneurs grow businesses through fundraising, mentoring, and networking. She was responsible for leading NO/LAAN’s operations and deal flow activity, including due diligence, syndication, and portfolio management.
Additionally, Louisa serves as Manager of The Pelican Angel Fund, a pooled investment vehicle that commits Seed and Series A capital to high growth startup companies.
Louisa earned an MBA with a concentration in finance from Tulane’s AB Freeman School of Business after receiving her BA, Cum Laude, from Tulane in 2012.
Interesting Facts About Louisa
- Expert parallel parker
- Avid Nascar fan; because who doesn’t love watching fast cars turn left
- Foster mom to dogs looking to break out of the shelter
Prior to joining Gilmartin Group, Ji-Yon managed investor relations for Myoscience, a medical device company that was acquired by Pacira BioSciences (NASDAQ: PCRX). As part of its finance team and as an analyst, Ji-Yon partnered relationships with their extensive, global investor base, developing effective corporate communications, driving multiple rounds of complex equity financings and handling reporting on financials and metrics. Before Myoscience, Ji-Yon supported notable legal firms, investigating issues and performing research on cases primarily focused on securities litigation.
Ji-Yon received a B.A. in English from U.C. Berkeley and has an Advanced Accounting Proficiency Certificate from Santa Clara University.
Interesting Facts About Ji-Yon
- Classically trained pianist who tried jazz, but failed, and greatly admires pianists who can improvise
- Uber Warriors fan (non-bandwagon)
- Enjoys hiking and running on trails surrounded by Redwoods
Prior to joining Gilmartin, Erik spent several years with Ipreo by IHS Markit, where he advised investor relations professionals at small to mega cap Financials companies. As part of the Issuer Solutions team, Erik helped in his clients IR programs by providing stock surveillance, trading insight, targeting recommendations, and investor feedback.
Erik received a B.A. in Economics, with a minor in Mathematics from Union College.
Interesting Facts About Erik
- Can often be found running, walking, and dining around NYC
- Loves skiing and sailing with family and friends
- Has a recent obsession with backgammon, which he learned as a kid
Jessi brings 4 years of experience in the biotech industry, which she gained at CRISPR Therapeutics, Biogen, and Takara Bio across manufacturing, R&D, and analytical development for oncology and chronic disease. She made the transition to the Street driven by her curiosity in the life sciences market. Prior to Gilmartin, Jessi was a biotech research associate at Piper Sandler with a focus on SMid cap inflammatory disease companies. In the role, she also assisted in vetting companies with strong AI and ML platforms for drug development.
Jessi graduated from Johns Hopkins University Krieger School of Arts and Sciences, earning an M.S. in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics.
Interesting Facts About Jessica
- Avid baker and has mastered croissants, French macarons, cronuts, and eclairs, but still cannot make a pan of brownies
- Lived on a boat for a summer when touring Vietnam
- Spends the nice weekends hiking in the White Mountains, paddle boarding in the Charles River, or kite surfing near Boston Harbor
Steve joins Gilmartin Group with several years of experience working in the financial services industry. Prior to joining Gilmartin Group, he worked at Value Investment Professionals, a New York-based investment adviser with a fundamental approach to investing in publicly traded companies. At Value Investment Professionals, he was responsible for performing fundamental research and analysis of the firm’s publicly traded portfolio.
Steve graduated from New York University’s Leonard N. Stern School of Business, earning a B.S. in Finance and Accounting.
Interesting Facts About Steve
- Enjoys cycling, hiking, powerlifting and tennis
- Do-it-yourself (DIY) enthusiast
- An audiophile, spending more time researching and understanding audio equipment than he’d like to admit
Prior to joining Gilmartin, Sam spent two years with KPMG’s Asset Management Practice in Dallas and Boston. While at KPMG, Sam managed the day-to-day activities of audit engagements for real estate funds and healthcare-focused private equity and venture capital firms. Before starting full-time with KPMG, Sam interned with Acelity, a global medical device company based in San Antonio, TX where he worked with the FP&A team to prepare quarterly earnings materials and board of directors reports.
Sam earned his B.A. in Business Administration, Accounting from The Cox School of Business at Southern Methodist University (SMU) and then went on to receive a Masters degree in accounting, also from SMU. He is a licensed Certified Public Accountant.
Interesting Facts About Sam
- Has lived in eight different states
- Outdoor enthusiast, likes to spend time hiking, biking, water/alpine skiing
- Passionate Boston Red Sox fan
Prior to joining Gilmartin, Webb was responsible for managing eBay’s Advertising product and technology P&L. Immediately prior, he had completed eBay’s multi-year rotational financial analyst training program, the Finance Future Program, in which Webb served in a variety of financial roles within financial planning and analysis (FP&A), capital markets and forecasting. In addition, Webb was part of the team responsible for foreign exchange and debt transactions as well as managing reporting and communications. Prior to joining eBay, Webb held internship positions at the Capital Advisors Group where he was responsible for collecting and analyzing data from venture debt transactions primarily in the life sciences industry.
Webb received a B.A. in Business, and Communications from St. Lawrence University.
Interesting Facts About Webb
- Has travelled to over 30 countries
- Is a retired alpine ski racer
- Enjoys spending his free time on the water surfing and sailing or in the mountains skiing
Noah began his career at Stern Investor Relations, where he specialized in tracking deal economics and trading activity for biotechnology and pharmaceutical IPOs and sell-side and buy-side communications. Previously, Noah held two internships at Biogen gaining experience in data analytics, contract negotiations, and streamlining operational procedures to advance the company’s clinical pipeline. Noah brings a polished approach to client relationships and was honored to join Gilmartin Group in 2021.
Noah graduated from Colgate University and holds a B.A. in Economics.
Interesting Facts About Noah
- Has a twin brother; his brother also works in healthcare, in an epigenetics lab.
- Loves to play soccer and frequents pickup games across Manhattan.
- Is an avid traveler. He studied abroad in Australia at the University of Sydney, and has visited South America, Africa, and Asia.
Prior to joining Gilmartin, Jack gained experience through an internship in New York City with the Equity Group, a firm that offers corporate communications and Investor Relations services to small and mid-cap public companies across a wide range of industries.
Jack Graduated from Bucknell University and holds a B.A. in Political Science and Spanish.
Interesting Facts About Jack
- He played on the Bucknell club ice hockey team
- Studied abroad in Seville, Spain and is fluent in Spanish
- Loves to talk anything music and is always looking for new song recommendations!
Prior to joining Gilmartin, Max worked at a San Francisco-based investor relations and capital markets advisory firm. He was responsible for guiding pre-IPO/ pre-deSPAC clients in developing their investor relations capabilities. Max has also spent time working for venture capital firms in biotech and digital health.
Max graduated from the University of Puget Sound, earning a B.A. in International Business with minors in French and Studio Art.
Interesting Facts About Max
- Avid photographer
- Fluent in French
- Enjoys spending his free time playing tennis and hiking
Prior to joining Gilmartin Group, Kelly worked for an Australian-based startup managing U.S. inventory, analyzing company performance, and maintaining databases. While in school, Kelly interned at Merrill Lynch working on business development and strategy, as well as International Accreditation New Zealand, focusing on business performance and analytics.
Kelly holds a B.A. in Applied Mathematics with a concentration in Statistics from the University of California, Berkeley.
Interesting Facts About Kelly
- Spent the summer after graduation traveling around 16 countries
- Enjoys spending time along the California coast, especially at sunset
- Wants to road trip to every U.S. National Park
Prior to joining Gilmartin, Hannah gained experience as a Hedge Fund Accountant for ALPS in Denver, Colorado. After two and a half years, she transitioned into an Investment Banking Analyst role at CapitalValue Advisors where she worked primarily on middle-market sell-side M&A transactions. Hannah has spent time in the healthcare industry consulting for LevelEx, working with their data analytics team.
Hannah holds a B.A. in Mathematics with a General Education Concentration in Chemistry from Bates College.
Interesting Facts About Hannah
- A three-time All-American lacrosse player during her time at Bates College
- Summited Mt. Kilimanjaro
- Avid back-country skier and hiker
Prior to joining Gilmartin, Laine gained experience in Corporate Finance at Becton Dickinson as part of the Finance Leadership and Development Program. During her two years within the program, Laine worked across the business in Internal Audit, Corporate Business Planning & Analysis, Revenue Recognition, and Cost Accounting. While in school, Laine interned at Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center managing grant budgets and reports.
Laine has a B.S. in Healthcare Management and Policy from Georgetown University.
Interesting Facts About Laine
- Was captain of the Swimming & Diving Team at Georgetown and six-time school record holder
- Learning how to create digital art
- Avid foodie and iced coffee enthusiast
Patrick is a Gilmartin Group ESG Analyst, working with clients on their ESG strategies and reporting practices. Prior to joining Gilmartin Group, Patrick worked for Teneo as a consultant focusing on investor relations and ESG and co-authored a bi-weekly ESG newsletter for the firm.
Patrick holds a B.A. with Honors in History from Williams College and is a SASB FSA Level II Credential Holder. He spends his free time volunteering with the Surfrider Foundation in San Francisco.
Interesting Facts About Patrick
- Has a twin sister who is an investigative journalist
- He has a three-legged dog named Ernie
- He is a die-hard Chicago Cubs fan
Jack Carlson started his career at Stern Investor Relations after completing his Masters at Wagner College. He previously held positions in business development and purchasing and logistics before joining Gil Martin. During his undergraduate degree, Jack played division 1 volleyball at Indiana University-Fort Wayne where he was a team captain his junior and senior years. Jack enjoys hiking, camping, and fishing when he is not in the city.
Jack graduated with an MS in Finance and MBA from Wagner College and a BS in Geology and Applied Mathematics with a minor in chemistry from Indiana University – Fort Wayne.
Interesting Facts About Jack
- Has a twin brother
- Has been skydiving twice
- Was born and raised in Colorado and has never been skiing or snowboarding!
Prior to Gilmartin, Tanvi worked at JP Morgan as a summer analyst, assisting in offering solutions in investments, lending, trusts and estates planning and helping develop investment strategies and opportunities for clients. Prior to that, she gained consulting experience in various industries including financial services, healthcare and real estate as part of a small organization at Davis. Tanvi also interned as a finance and strategy intern for a smaller biotech company creating forecasts, monitoring financial statements and assisting in investor pitches to raise funds.
Tanvi has a B.A. in Economics from UC Davis along with minors in Business and Technology Management.
Interesting Facts About Tanvi
- Enjoys all adventure sports including white water rafting, mountain biking, rock climbing, etc.
- Has two golden retrievers
- Enjoys listening to music in her free time
Henry joined the Gilmartin Group after earning his undergraduate degree from the University of California, Berkeley in 2022. Majoring in Molecular and Cell Biology with a concentration in neurobiology, and minoring in Environmental Economics and Policy, Henry brings a biology background with a business mindset to the world of biotechnology and healthcare. Prior to joining Gilmartin, Henry worked as an Emergency Medical Technician for the County of San Diego, testing and vaccinating patients for Covid-19. He worked at Francis Parker School as a nurse technician, and later at Sandia National Laboratories conducting applied biosciences research.
Henry graduated Cal as a Regents’ and Chancellor’s Scholar and a member of the Phi Beta Kappa honor society.
Interesting Facts About Henry
- Has three younger siblings
- Listened to a podcast with 179 episodes about Ancient Rome in one month
- Avid soccer fan
Oliver joins Gilmartin as an Analyst where he is responsible for providing support to client teams and internal projects.
Prior to joining Gilmartin Group, Oliver spent his summers interning at RxSense, a healthcare technology company, and Black Eagle Advisors, a start-up healthcare focused search fund in Boston, MA.
Oliver graduated from Amherst College where he received his B.A. in Economics and was also the quarterback of the football team.
Interesting Facts About Oliver
- Loves to spend time outside fishing, golfing, and skiing
- Has traveled to all seven continents
- Avid Boston sports fan
- Amateur adrenaline junkie has gone skydiving, bungee jumping, and hang gliding
Prior to joining Gilmartin, McKenna gained financial experience working across several industries, including commercial banking and real estate. Before joining the Gilmartin Group, she worked as a Financial Analyst focused in risk management at the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. McKenna graduated in 2020 from the University of Mississippi with a Bachelors of Business Administration focused in Managerial Finance.
Interesting Facts About McKenna
- Worked very hard to get rid of her southern accent, but the occasional ‘y’all’ will still slip out
- Loves live music, roller blading, rock climbing, and going to the beach with her dog
- Is always trying to live a more zero-waste / plastic-free lifestyle
Suhana joined Gilmartin Group after working at Gerson Lehrman Group as a Research Manager supplementing public equity analysts in the healthcare field. While in school, Suhana had experience in various pockets of healthcare from undergraduate research to working at NYU Langone in translational work. She is passionate about the field of communications, healthcare research, and the intersection of these two fields.
Suhana holds a B.A. in Journalism + Neural Science from New York University.
Interesting Facts About Suhana
- Knows how to whistle like a bird
- Hasn’t left the US in 17 years
- Studied music for 12 years
Prior to joining Gilmartin, Akshara was a research assistant in the O’Sullivan lab at UCLA. Here, she examined immunoregulatory pathways during liver injury and obesity. Akshara’s work has contributed to the development of a chronic liver injury model, which can be applied to the creation of novel therapies. Additionally, Akshara worked with a nephrologist at Ronald Reagan Medical Center, helping to perform clinical trials with innovative biotechnologies. Based on these engagements, she has decided to pursue a career on the business side of the healthcare, where she can leverage her life science background to make an impact on a large scale.
Akshara graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles with a B.S. in Psychobiology.
Interesting Facts About Akshara
- Avid ice cream enthusiast and loves to try new ice cream flavors
- Has never lived outside of California
- Has spotted Benedict Cumberbatch, Jimmy Kimmel, James Corden, Margot Robbie, and Nicole Kidman
Prior to joining Gilmartin, Matt worked multiple internships as an analyst in E-commerce and real estate startups, particularly focused in social media marketing. During one of his internships, Matt built a pricing model that evaluated social media engagement on both Tiktok and Instagram, which his company used for negotiations with influencers.
Matt holds a B.A. in Economics from New York University’s College of Arts and Science.
Interesting Facts About Matthew
- Enjoys watching all sports but particularly is a die hard New York Mets fan (this is our year)
- Once rode the bus from NYC to San Francisco
- Loves music and plays guitar in his free time (owns a Stratocaster)
Prior to joining Gilmartin, Elizabeth worked as a virtual foreign service intern for the US State Department with the US Embassy in Pakistan. In this role, she created and managed programs to promote language learning and support public diplomacy. Elizabeth also worked as a teaching assistant in the Hatchery Makerspace, a lab for collaborative and creative work across academic disciplines. Her experiences designing adaptive technologies for students with disabilities sparked her interest in human-centered engineering and health care innovation.
Elizabeth graduated from Boston College and holds a B.A. in International Studies with a concentration in Global Cultures and Theology.
Interesting Facts About Elizabeth
- Hosted her own weekly radio show for three years in college, playing her favorite alternative pop and rock music
- Broke a Guinness world record in her senior year of high school
- Loves to cook and is constantly looking for new recipes
Prior to joining Gilmartin, Tamsin worked as an intern for Promethos Capital, where she conducted ESG and fundamental research on public companies for the asset management firm’s climate resiliency portfolio. She also co-founded the Energy Solutions group at her college, where she has developed financial calculations and models of 20-year payback periods for energy efficiency initiatives and participated in board conversations around carbon neutrality.
Tamsin holds a B.A. in Economics and Environmental Studies from Bates College, where she was a member of Women in Economics and the ultimate frisbee team.
Interesting Facts About Tamsin
- Taught herself how to surf in the winter in Maine
- Has 4 younger siblings
- Loves coastal hikes at sunset, especially on the Pacific Ocean!
Before joining Gilmartin Group, Regan was an Account Associate at Real Chemistry, a healthcare PR firm, where she worked across several client teams to identify messaging trends through frequent monitoring reports and build a “rapid response” model to address emerging issues. At Gilmartin Group, Regan assists in the development of investor relations strategies and project development across several key clients.
Regan earned her B.S. in Public Relations from Syracuse University’s S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications with a special focus in financial communications.
Interesting Facts About Regan
- Was a campus representative for Victoria’s Secret PINK in college
- Owns an (adorable) 11-year-old puggle nicknamed Fribbles
- Is 5’11 and has never played basketball
- Has listened to every episode of the Crime Junkies podcast
Rachna joined Gilmartin after earning her master’s degree at Brown University in May 2022. Prior to joining Gilmartin, Rachna was an intern consultant at Milken Institute. As a consultant, she mainly worked on highlighting the importance of including diverse perspectives in biomedical research and building out the necessary internal resources and processes to include diversity and inclusion as a primary metric in all future work at Milken Institute as well as the development of a funders guide for Milken Institute partners and the broader community of research funders. While at Brown University, Rachna was also a research assistant to the Director of the Center for Contemporary South Asia.
Rachna holds a Master’s degree in Public Affairs from Brown University and a Bachelor of Science degree in Management and Accounting from Royal Holloway University of London.
Interesting Facts About Rachna
- Passionate Manchester United fan
- Has been scuba diving since the age of 12
- Has completed a 3 peaks challenge in North Wales, United Kingdom
During her time at Berkeley, Sydney worked at Mercury Technologies, a growing company focused on banking for start-ups, to help onboard clients. In this position, she researched and analyzed current start-ups to risk assess applications for appropriate financing. Additionally, Sydney completed a product development internship at the Jackson Laboratory aiding in improving the innovation of chemo-agent products for a client. In the hospital setting, she completed a preceptorship at Kaiser Permanente where she interacted with physicians, nurses, and patients to ensure quality care and understand hospital operations.
Sydney received a B.A. in Integrative Human Biology from UC Berkeley and a Certificate of Entrepreneurship from UC Berkeley College of Engineering.
Interesting Facts About Sydney
- Grew up on an island in Maine before moving to California at the age of 10
- Ran Cross Country and Track & Field for UC Berkeley
- Makes homemade pizza with a new topping every week
Matt brings more than 25 years of client-side and consulting firm experience across finance, operations, business development, and marketing functions.
Prior to Gilmartin Group, Matt was with Emerson Human Capital, a privately-held change management consultancy in the Bay Area, where he was CFO/COO. Emerson’s clients included Apple, Nike, Coca-Cola, NetApp, McKesson and Yeti among others.
Prior to Emerson, Matt spent the bulk of his career at Omnicom Group, a global media, marketing and corporate communications holding company. At Daggerwing Group, a division of Omnicom Group, Matt was CFO/COO, partnering with company’s founders to provide financial and operational leadership across offices in the US, Canada, UK and Singapore and support global clients including Nestle, HPE, Merck, Bayer. Nissan, and Takeda. Prior to Daggerwing, Matt held various leadership positions at American Express, Credit Suisse, Ernst & Young as well as other parts of Omnicom Group.
Matt holds an MBA from The Wharton School and has a B.S. in Accounting from Binghamton University. In his spare time, Matt enjoys chasing after his 2 boys – Milo (8) and Dash (4) and tasting wine – although almost never simultaneously. Matt is also a crossword puzzle and Scrabble junkie.
Interesting Facts About Matt
- Once opened for Jim Gaffigan
- Slept outside overnight in the Sahara desert, albeit in a queen-sized bed
- Was the Head Writer for Wharton Follies during business school
Tom began his career as an Assistant Trader at Genesis Merchant Group Securities before joining the investment bank Robertson Stephens. As a Vice President on the Equity Capital Markets/Syndicate team, Tom was responsible for the marketing, pricing and allocation of the firm’s lead managed transactions. During his tenure he worked on over 230 deals in the emerging growth sectors, raising more than $17 billion. Highlight deals include Verisity, the top performing IPO of 2001, Pixar, E*Trade, Abgenix, Esperion and Gilead.
Following his time at Robertson Stephens, Tom held various financial positions while working on several real-estate orientated projects and as a research analyst at Infrastructure World. Prior to joining Gilmartin Group, Tom was the Chief Financial Officer of Depict, a startup focused on the delivery of digital art.
Tom has an AB in Architecture from Princeton University.
Interesting Facts About Tom
- Was captain of the Heavyweight Crew Team at Princeton, IRA Winner and Bronze Medalist at the 1993 World University Games
- Avid alpine and backcountry skier
- Raised the most money for a MS Readathon in his Brooklyn school district in 4th grade
Brittany joins Gilmartin Group with 6+ years of experience leading creative services efforts, specializing in project management, marketing, brand identity, and graphic design. She most recently worked as the Creative Services Manager and Graphic Designer for a leading Investor Relations and Corporate Communications firm in New York City where she serviced a diverse range of life science and healthcare companies.
Brittany graduated from Marist College with a major in Merchandising and a double minor in Business Administration and Global Studies.
Interesting Facts About Brittany
- Hiked the top 5 tallest peaks in Maine by the age of 13
- Has traveled to half of the countries in the E.U.
- Self-proclaimed master chef with specialty in Italian cuisine
Laura joins Gilmartin Group bringing over 15 years of Human Resources experience, specializing in recruiting and onboarding. She began her HR career as a campus recruiter for a major Wall Street investment bank. She most recently worked as an Admissions Counselor for the Wharton Executive MBA Program in San Francisco. Previously, she worked within the Human Resources team at Bloomingdales.com, where she brought on talent to help build out their ecommerce team.
Originally from the suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia, Laura graduated from Clemson University with a BA in English.
Interesting Facts About Laura
- Taught English in Lyon, France after graduating from college
- Is obsessed with French Bulldogs, especially her own: Mr. Fuzzy
- Is thankful every day to live in the most beautiful city in the world, San Francisco
Miranda Meyer brings over 12 years of administrative experience to Gilmartin Group. Her experience in all aspects of administration, specifically supporting executives in the financial industry includes scheduling, event planning, and office management. Miranda spent most of her career at SPO Partners, a hedge fund in Mill Valley where she partnered with C-level executives. Before Gilmartin Miranda was Executive Assistant to the CIO and two Managing Directors at UCSF’s Foundation Investment Company, a non-profit in San Francisco.
Interesting Facts About Miranda
- Is the proud mother of a teenage son
- Loves outdoor walking and hiking
- Still owns her entire CD collection from high school
Tucker brings 2 years of experience pretending he is a rug, sneaking a snooze on the couch and occasionally alerting people to package delivery, doorbell ringing or suspicious activity outside. As a non-financial contributor, he focuses on outdoor activities and optimizing sleep when things are slow. He is intelligent, well-read and handsome.
Tucker went to obedience school for 4 weeks and came back with no appreciable skills. He does not have an advanced degree. He is, after all, a dog.
Interesting Facts About Tucker
- Is zero percent scary unless you are a sock, stuffed animal or sunglasses in which case he is fearsome
- Favorite book is How to Relax by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Has learned how to open the door to let himself out
- Is the only retriever who neither retrieves nor swims
We offer a comprehensive suite of advisory and support services to our clients with the ultimate goal of helping to create durable value.
Join Our Team
If you share our passion for healthcare as well as our commitment to collaboration, inclusivity, and firm culture, we’d love to hear from you!